The president’s popularity is at or just above the lowest of his almost five years, at least partially as a result of rampant cronyism many people are suffering, the Senate Majority Leader is being investigated for insider trading that pocketed him an extra 2 million dollars, in the next few months Rovegate will come to head when the special prosecutor releases his findings, and today, Tom Delay was indicted by a grand jury on charges of conspiracy regarding campaign finance and will step down from his leadership position in the House. Leaders of the Christian right are either comparing American judges to the KKK or calling for the assassination of foreign leaders. Whew, that was tiring: Bush, Rove, Frist, Delay, Dobson and Roberts. I could throw various things Rumsfeld and Cheney should also be in trouble for, but that would just make it obscene (because it is!). If the Democratic Party can’t start kicking some ass with this as the political reality, we really need to quit and just let this be the undemocratic one-party state that the GOP wants it to be.
- 32,787 hits
Kevin Obermier on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… One Year Later, A Di… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… rizoriels on On Cuddling, Queer Presentatio… A Word About de Blog… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… NG2000 on the freedom to choose health:…
- Even If You Don’t Ask, I Will Tell: the Military, Activism and Queer Families
- Protesting the National Erection: Another Morsel For Your Weekend.
- On Cuddling, Queer Presentation, Elitist Institutions, and The Lesbian, Capitalist Board Game: Random Reflections on a Week.
- (Pre-)Friday Frivolity: Camp and Contraception
- Friday Frivolity: Tactical Brilliance