A little context: Harvard is notoriously anti-labor. Last year, as a part of a long standing trend, they finished outsourcing the security guards, destroying the union they had in order to lower costs from wages and benefits. They also pay most of their basic service employees around $10 an hour (about $20,000 a year), which often requires workers to work 2 or 3 or 4 jobs to have enough to raise a family. (more in expanded post)
- 32,715 hits
Kevin Obermier on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… One Year Later, A Di… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… rizoriels on On Cuddling, Queer Presentatio… A Word About de Blog… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… NG2000 on the freedom to choose health:…
- Even If You Don’t Ask, I Will Tell: the Military, Activism and Queer Families
- Protesting the National Erection: Another Morsel For Your Weekend.
- On Cuddling, Queer Presentation, Elitist Institutions, and The Lesbian, Capitalist Board Game: Random Reflections on a Week.
- (Pre-)Friday Frivolity: Camp and Contraception
- Friday Frivolity: Tactical Brilliance