Despite the Crimson coming out against a living wage and burying major events, conservatives across campus moaning about unions and activism, the University’s overwhelmingly strong position at the bargaining table due to their anti-labor activities and because of the work done by the workers, the union, the Student Labor Action Movement, the Undergraduate Council, the College Dems and student supporters across campus, the Union announced last night that the workers and the University have reached a tentative deal. While not perfect, it is better than many had hoped and signifies a major step forward. As the SEIU spokesperson said: “Victory was made on a lot of fronts.”
- 32,880 hits
Kevin Obermier on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… One Year Later, A Di… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… rizoriels on On Cuddling, Queer Presentatio… A Word About de Blog… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… NG2000 on the freedom to choose health:…
- Even If You Don’t Ask, I Will Tell: the Military, Activism and Queer Families
- Protesting the National Erection: Another Morsel For Your Weekend.
- On Cuddling, Queer Presentation, Elitist Institutions, and The Lesbian, Capitalist Board Game: Random Reflections on a Week.
- (Pre-)Friday Frivolity: Camp and Contraception
- Friday Frivolity: Tactical Brilliance