I know I’ve probably encourage people to watch this speech before, and I know many of you probably already have, but Barack Obama’s appearance on Meet the Press this morning reminded me of it so I’m bringing it up again. Whether you’ve seen it or not, whether you consider yourself a Democrat or not, whether you like him or not, watch Obama’s speech to the Democratic Convention in 2004. I’m going to have a few thoughts later today about why Obama is important not simply because of his political talent and charisma.
- 32,763 hits
Kevin Obermier on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… One Year Later, A Di… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… rizoriels on On Cuddling, Queer Presentatio… A Word About de Blog… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… NG2000 on the freedom to choose health:…
- Even If You Don’t Ask, I Will Tell: the Military, Activism and Queer Families
- Protesting the National Erection: Another Morsel For Your Weekend.
- On Cuddling, Queer Presentation, Elitist Institutions, and The Lesbian, Capitalist Board Game: Random Reflections on a Week.
- (Pre-)Friday Frivolity: Camp and Contraception
- Friday Frivolity: Tactical Brilliance