If you want to understand why some people in this country so dislike elites (like Ivy Leaguers, for instance), listen to Hugh Hewitt’s interview of LATimes columnist Joel Stein. Stein wrote a controversial piece earlier in the week in which he argued that supporting the troops while opposing the war is hypocritical. Hewitt appropriately disagrees strongly, but what’s more interesting is that he essentially argues that Stein has no right to an opinion: he doesn’t know anyone in the military and doesn’t appear to know anything about the military. I’m not one to agree with right-wing talk show hosts, but if you’re going to write in a national newspaper that you don’t support the troops shouldn’t you at least know how many there are?
- 32,681 hits
Kevin Obermier on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… One Year Later, A Di… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… rizoriels on On Cuddling, Queer Presentatio… A Word About de Blog… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… NG2000 on the freedom to choose health:…
- Even If You Don’t Ask, I Will Tell: the Military, Activism and Queer Families
- Protesting the National Erection: Another Morsel For Your Weekend.
- On Cuddling, Queer Presentation, Elitist Institutions, and The Lesbian, Capitalist Board Game: Random Reflections on a Week.
- (Pre-)Friday Frivolity: Camp and Contraception
- Friday Frivolity: Tactical Brilliance