Alongside Andrew’s very on-top-of-it updating, I’d like to ask all of you some more wishy-washy questions. Why you think the average Harvard student should care about Summers resigning, why people do care, or why they don’t? Apart from the peripheral (or perhaps not-so-peripheral) effects of Summers on the general Harvard image, I’m inclined to feel that there really won’t be any real, immediate consequences on Joe Schmoe’s day-to-day Harvard experience, but should there be? Should the students have a say in who sits in that Mass Hall office next fall? Or would that just be an extension of what some are suggesting is an undue power/influence that FAS has shown over the presidency of the entire University?
- 32,723 hits
Kevin Obermier on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… One Year Later, A Di… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… rizoriels on On Cuddling, Queer Presentatio… A Word About de Blog… on Trans Feminism and My Vagina:… NG2000 on the freedom to choose health:…
- Even If You Don’t Ask, I Will Tell: the Military, Activism and Queer Families
- Protesting the National Erection: Another Morsel For Your Weekend.
- On Cuddling, Queer Presentation, Elitist Institutions, and The Lesbian, Capitalist Board Game: Random Reflections on a Week.
- (Pre-)Friday Frivolity: Camp and Contraception
- Friday Frivolity: Tactical Brilliance